Engagement sessions are a great way for us to get to know one another. Everyone responds differently, when in front of the camera. On your wedding day things can be a bit rushed and nerves might be high, so becoming comfortable with each other beforehand is priceless!
1. Ladies, wear more makeup than you usually do. Even though you may feel like it looks too fake or heavy in person, it will look better on camera. It is even a good idea to schedule your wedding make-up trial for the day of your engagement session.
2. Wear clothes that fit you well. Nothing too baggy or too tight as these things are accentuated on camera and usually end up not being very flattering.
3. Wear some color. Gone are the days where couples wear matching white shirts and jeans! Rich colors look fantastic; plum purple, deep red, dark green, etc. You and your love should coordinate your colors without being too "matchy matchy".
4. Accessorize! Belts, hats, scarves, and necklaces. Don't underestimate the power of some cool shoes at a photo shoot. Show your personality with your accessories. Look at some pictures in the style magazines if you are having trouble putting together a look.
5. Bring multiple options for outfits. It is always good to have choices.
6. Men, be aware of your socks. There is nothing worse than a great shot of you two with some white tube socks taking all the attention away.
7. Men, you might not want to wear your watch. Ok, I know I said to accessorize, but unless you have a Rolex, you may want to leave your watch at home. Watches can catch the light and become a big shiny distracting object.
8. Relax. The most important thing to remember is to try to relax. Focus on each other, not the camera. We will direct you and help you along the way. If we are not saying anything, just keep doing what your doing, it's looking great!
9. Some wonderful affectionate gestures that look great on camera...Guys: kiss her cheek or forehead. Girls: smile or close your eyes when he does. Whisper something sweet or dirty into each other's ears.
10. Remember that you are in love! That is why you are doing this. It is more about that than looking perfect. Be yourself and let us take care of the rest.